Why is this so important?
- 80,000 kittens will be born this year in Langley.
- 75% will die within six months if they aren't rescued.
- The 25% that survive will start getting pregnant as early as 4 months old.
Every pregnant cat & kitten we take in will prevent dozens of unwanted kittens this year.
- We can't do this without your help!
- Please spread the word to friends and neighbours that might have cats hanging around.
- Let us know if you or someone you know has a pregnant cat or litter of kittens you can't afford to care for. We're happy to help.
How does it work?
- Bring us pregnant cats, nursing moms with kittens, and kittens under 6 months of age.
- If you can't bring them to us, text our hotline at 604.332.4449 anytime and we will schedule a time to come pick them up.
- We will have a limited number of free spay/neuter certificates available on a first come, first served basis. You can pick them up at the shelter on Roundup day.
- We are a no-kill shelter with limited capacity, so we are only able to take pregnant cats, nursing moms with kittens, and kittens under six months of age during this Roundup event.
Who is it for?
- Anyone with a Langley address can bring a cat to us or text our hotline to have their cat picked up. You will need to provide proof of address.
How to help
- Spread the word! Put up posters, share our facebook posts, and tell your friends.
- Make a Donation
Our first Roundup (last summer):
- CTV - Unwanted kittens rounded up
- CBC - Unwanted kitten roundup held at animal rescue in Langley, B.C.
- Langley Times - Roundup gives unwanted cats a second chance
- Langley Advance - Kittens, nursing mothers dropped off at animal shelter
- Surrey Now - Roundup gives unwanted cats a second chance
- CTV - Rescued 'dumpster wonder' kittens become internet stars
- CBC - 10 kittens found taped in cardboard box in dumpster in Langley, B.C.
Need help with spaying or neutering?
Contact Langley Animal Protection Society (LAPS) if you are a Langley BC resident, and they can help! Phone: (604) 857-5055 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The best way to avoid unwanted kittens is to spay and neuter your cats before 5 months of age!